Below are some of the ways our Care and Support Service and your personal adviser can support you to stay healthy and look after your physical and mental health. We can:
- Offer a weekly health and well-being drop in session at the Hub with a health trainer who can advise you on healthy living, diet and exercise advice, giving up smoking, drug and alcohol services, mental health.
- Access to the specialist 'Children and Young People in Care' team/Care Leavers nurse at the HUB on a weekly basis for support and advice up to 25 years.
- Give you information on how to get help to pay for prescriptions.
- Support you to register with a GP, dentist and optician
- Support you to transition from Healthy Young Minds to adult services
- Social Care CAMHS will offer a consultation with professionals involved with Care leavers aged 18-21so they can support and sign post you to the appropriate service.
- Give you information about counselling services that are available locally
- Give you help with transport costs when attending health appointments
- Offer free taster vouchers for our leisure facilities including studio classes and swim sessions
- Provide you with a free gym membership for Bury Council leisure facilities.
- Provide you with a health infomation summary containing key information from your childhood (for example, when and if you have had immunisations) and your current health needs.
- Train staff working with you so they have a broader understanding of your health needs and the services available to support you.
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 04/12/2019