The single most important action we can all take in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.
When we reduce our day-to-day contact with other people, we will reduce the spread of the infection. That is why the Government has introduced three new measures:
- Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes.
- Closing non-essential shops and community spaces.
- Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public.
Every citizen must comply with these new measures. The relevant authorities, including the police, will be given the powers to enforce them – including through fines and dispersing gatherings.
You should only leave the house for one of the following reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities, such as food and medicine, as infrequently as possible
- One form of exercise a day, alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, or to provide care or help to a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, only when this can’t be done from home
Even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres (3 steps) apart from anyone outside of your household.
Physical Activity While at Home:
During these uncertain times it is importatnt that people stay active and keep on top of their physical activity where possible. You can find further information below about how to stay active during Coronavirus Outbreak:
For more information, please visit the Stay at Home guidance.
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 30/03/2020