Skip to main content

Council Tax and Housing Benefits


Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support

Housing Benefit is a welfare benefit helping households on low incomes to pay their rent.

Council Tax Support provides financial help towards Council Tax bills for households on low incomes.

You may be able to get these benefits if you are unemployed, or if you are in work and on a low wage.

For more information and to find out how to claim visit our website at

Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.

This page was last updated on: 25/01/2018