Skip to main content

What does Bury have to offer families of children & young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)?

What services are you looking for?

What is Special Educational Needs and Disability SEND?

A child or young person has special educational needs (SEN) if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her.

A child or young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of other of the same age, or they have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of the facilities normally available for other children.

Overview: Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) can affect a child or young person’s ability to learn. They can affect their:

  • behaviour or ability to socialise, for example they struggle to make friends
  • reading and writing,
  • ability to understand things
  • concentration levels,
  • physical ability

SEND Information

 Strategy and Policy Information


Local Information

Making Your Life Easier

  • Radar National Key Scheme
  • Changing Places
  • The Max Card
  • CEA Card - The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA). The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema.