Privacy Notice For: The Bury Directory Website
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary privacy notice at www.thebury.gov.uk/privacy
This notice provides additional privacy information for: public account holders of The Bury Directory
We obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To verify and maintain your account on The Bury Directory
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Personal Data: names and email addresses
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- To monitor the effectiveness of the statutory duties placed by The Children and Families Act 2014 and The Care Act 2014 and to ensure we comply with the provision of information and advice enforced by these acts.
- Marketing purposes: where we have asked and you have consented to receive electronic marketing information about our services (you may withdraw your consent at any time)
- Your information is stored securely and we will never rent or trade email lists with businesses or other organisations.
We will be required to hold your data for as long as you wish to hold an account with us. However we can remove you from our mailing lists if you so wish.
Rights of individuals
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer [only for council – use other language if controller in own right as may not be required to have DPO]
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
is accessible in our guide on exercising your rights
We may update or revise this Privacy Notice at any time so please refer to the version published on our website for the most up to date details https://www.theburydirectory.co.uk/privacy
Like most websites we use 'cookies' to collect anonymous statistics about how people use the site, and to help us keep it relevant for the user. Cookies 'remember' bits of information from your visit to the site.
A cookie is a simple text file that's stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server. Only that server can retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. So if we put a cookie on your computer, it can't be read by any other website.
We use two types of cookie:
- 'session cookies' last as long as your current visit to the site, or for up to a limited amount of time if you keep the site open without using it. They mean you don't have to keep re-submitting information as you move through the site or carry out transactions.
- 'persistent cookies' remember information from previous visits, for example names and details for online forms. They are used to collect anonymous statistics about how many people use the site, and to maintain any settings (such as accessibility) you have changed.
You can change your computer settings at any time to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies. How you do this depends on your web browser . . .
Find out more at www.aboutcookies.org
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 23/05/2018