Do the Honours: Queen Honours Award
Twice a year the Queen honours ordinary people who make a remarkable difference.
This could be anything from making a difference in the community or field of work, long term service voluntary service to innovation, entrepreneurship and improving life for people less able to help themselves.
There are several different honours and these are:
- KBE or DBE
Do you know somebody who deserves an honour?
•Anyone can nominate somebody for an honour
- E.g. colleague, friend, family, person who has been helped by them
- The person being nominated can be of any age
Honours have been given to everyone from teenagers to people in their 90s
•The form to nominate is straight forward
- Do it online at www.gmhonours.org/nominate
- There are guidelines and a video to help
- The best nominations describe the difference this person makes
- What really makes them stand out from others?
- You need 2 letters of support
•Once a nomination form is received, extensive checks must take place
- Please be patient -it can take 12 to 24 months for these to be completed
•Please do remember that you can’t tell the person that they are being nominated
Who to contact
- Related links
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 16/07/2019