Walk This Way - TfGM Walking Week
Strap on your shoes, grab a coat and walk this way. Walking Week is back.
From 17-25 February 2018, there will be a mix of easy to challenging, urban to hilltop and educational to simply stunning treks across Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan.
Taking place during half-term, there’s plenty to keep energetic little feet occupied too. Join the Pig Tail trail at Haigh Woodland Park. Play I Spy on the Bridgewater Canal. Or find out what Pokémon, potatoes and Alexandra Park have in common.
Find the full schedule and our guidance and safety advice on tfgm.com/walking or pick up a printed brochure in libraries, leisure centres, GP surgeries and tourist information centres throughout Greater Manchester.
And if you’re concerned about wintry weather conditions, not even Storm Brian could deter some of our hardy Greater Manchester residents during our autumn event as one participant declared:
“It was foggy, windy and rained so much we all got soaked…but I absolutely loved it!”
So although we will be hoping for crisp, dry days, be prepared to have a blast whatever the weather!
Eight reasons to insist on a family walk
When your weekend walk plea falls on deaf ears, it’s worth keeping these benefits in mind.
1. It may help your child’s long distance vision
2. It’s an easy activity that improves overall well-being
3. Walking engages our sitting muscles
4. It’ll help your child’s physical and emotional wellbeing
5. Exercising in cold weather activates calorie-blasting brown fat
6. Getting outside combats Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
7. Going slow helps you reconnect
8. A walk helps focus your mind
We look forward to seeing you during winter Walking Week!
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- See Website for dates and times of walks in your area
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Free
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 02/02/2018