Dyslexia Manchester- Karen Barber PG Diploma SpLD APC (PATOSS)- Dyslexia diagnosis and Literacy tuition
- Do you feel that your child is having difficulties at school reading, writing or spelling ?
- Are they finding English/Literacy lessons frustrating
- Does your child become anxious or upset In these lessons
I can give you a diagnosis of your child's differences and challenges in order to support their learning.
The individualised multisensory learning programme will support your child to develop strategies for their learning style.
This can help them achieve their full potential and develop self confidence in their own abilities.
1:1 Study Skills, Literacy and support sessions for GCSE English examinations are also available
I use a British Dyslexia Association accredited Multisensory Individualised programme to support your child's learning when they are experiencing Literacy difficulties.
I am based in Bury, eight miles north of Manchester and work within the North West (Greater Manchester, Lancashire, North Cheshire)
I have been a teacher for 30+ years, the last twenty years spent teaching learners with Specific Learning Difficulties.
I am a tutor with The British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA) and PATOSS (Assessment Practicing Certificate).
Qualifications/ Professional requirements
- Post Graduate Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties
- Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA). AMBDA accreditation teachers are recognised as Specialists in Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs) qualified to conduct specialist diagnostic assessments; Exam Access Arrangements and to deliver Specialist Teaching programmes to learners with Dyslexia/SpLD up to and including 18 years of age.
- Full member of PATOSS (The professional association of teachers of students with Specific Learning Difficulties)
- Assessment Practicing Certificate APC
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Enhanced DBS
- Professional Indemnity Insurance Certificate
Contact details - http://www.dyslexiamanchester.com
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Karen Barber
- Contact Position
- Dyslexia specialist assessor
Where to go
- BL0 9UP
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open for booking appointments 9am - 7 pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
By appointment only
Lengths of assessment sessions vary. Please see website http://www.dyslexiamanchester.com for full details
- Referral required
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 29/08/2019