Carers Week 2019 10th - 16th June - Getting Carers Connected
What is Carers Week - Carers Week is an annual campaign to raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities. This Carers Week theme is Getting Carers Connected.
Caring can be a hugely rewarding experience but carers often find it challenging to take care of their own wellbeing whilst caring. Its impact on all aspects of life from relationships and health to finances and work should not be underestimated. Caring without the right information and support can be tough.
What's On During Carers Week:
Tuesday 11th June:
- LGBT Pride in Caring Event at the Longfield Suite Prestwich (see attached leaflets for full details) UPDATE: Event Cancelled
- Canal cruise for carers (see attached leaflet Update: fully booked)
Thursday 13th June:
- 10:00am - 1:00pm Afternoon tea and entertainment at Bury Carers Centre, The Mosses Centre (see attached leaflet for full details)
Friday 14th June:
- 1:15pm - 3:15pm Decaff Greenmount Cricket Club, Brandlesholme Rd, BL8 4DX. A place to meet for people living with dementia, their carers, families and friends.
Saturday 15th June:
- 10:30am - 4:00pm CarersFest, The History Museum, Manchester (see attached leaflet for full details)
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 10/06/2019