Blue Badge Scheme
The Blue Badge scheme provides a range of parking concessions for people with severe mobility problems who have difficulty using public transport. The scheme operates throughout the UK and is recognised throughout the European Union. To apply for a Blue Badge you must hold a valid National Insurance Number and be able to provide evidence of your number.
You are automatically eligible to apply for a badge if you are over three years old and either:
- Receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- Have a score of 8 points or more on the 'moving around' section of the Personal Independent Payment (PIP)
- Are registered statutory blind
- Receive a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- Are a member of service personnel or veterans who has been awarded a benefit (giving rise to entitlement to a lump sum at tariffs 1-8 inclusive) under the AFCS and assessed and certified by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) (an executive agency of the Ministry of Defence) as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
You also may also be eligible for a badge if you are over three years old and either:
- Have a permanent and substantial disability (expected to last longer than 3 years) which means you cannot walk, or which makes walking very difficult.
- Drive a motor vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and are unable to operate all or some types of parking meter (or would find it very difficult to operate them).
- If you are a parent of a child who is under the age of three, you may apply for a badge for your child if they have a specific medical condition which means that they either:
Must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around without great difficulty or need to be kept near a vehicle at all times, so that they can, if necessary, be treated in the vehicle, or driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital
How to apply for or renew a Blue Badge
To apply for a Blue Badge please visit the Bury Council website below
Who to contact
Where to go
Connect and Direct
- BL9 0DG
Monday-Tuesday 9am-12pm 1pm-4pm
Wednesday 10am-12pm 1pm-4pm
Thursday-Friday 9am-12pm 1pm-4pm
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
You can apply for a Blue Badge via the Customer Contact Centre on 0161 253 5151 or alternatively you can visit Connect and Direct at the above address.
Our service/organisation is part of the Local Offer, please contact us for further information
- SEN Provision Type
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 06/08/2019