Helping Yourself to Wellbeing (HY2W) is a seven week course designed to provide people with the knowledge, skills and tools to improve their health and wellbeing. It aims to provide them with the confidence and motivation to set realistic goals for making changes to their lifestyle.
The course runs for two hours a week for 7 consecutive weeks; to gain the most benefit from the course attendance at all sessions is recommended. The course does not operate on a drop in basis.
During the seven weeks we cover the following topics:
- Week 1 Introductory session, monitoring forms and discussions around health
- Week 2 Behaviour change – why it isn’t easy
- Week 3 Self esteem and confidence
- Week 4 Dealing with stress and anxiety
- Week 5 Healthy Eating, Alcohol and Smoking
- Week 6 Physical Activity, Sexual Health and Managing Minor Ailments
- Week 7 Dementia Prevention & The Bury Directory Awareness Session
How to book
To book on to this course please email, call using the details listed below or complete the booking form in the download section of this page.
If you live in a different area please get in touch.
For more information, dates and times of available courses please contact the HY2W Hub, details are listed below. To book on a course please complete the referral form available in the downloads section of this web page or call the HY2W Hub on 0161 253 7922.
Please see the downloadable case study for a more in depth view as to how the course can improve your life and the 'More Information' PDF will include more information about the course. Our progress report for 2015/16 is now live and can be downloaded from the download section.