The way in which we deliver community funding at Bury Council is changing. Applications to Community Funds will now take the form of Participatory Budgeting events. This is a democratic process where the public take control being the key voice on which projects will be delivered locally.
Bury Council November 2017 Community Funding
Bury Council are offering community groups throughout the Borough of Bury a chance to secure up to £1,000 for local projects that actively contribute to the health and wellbeing of residents within their neighbourhood.
Projects should be community led and demonstrate that they help people to help themselves and others live a good life. Applications that meet the criteria must attend ‘The Pitch’ presentation events, where those in attendance VOTE for which projects they wish to see funded.
Who can apply?
Groups (both constituted and non-constituted) that are undertaking projects taking place within the Borough.
November 2017 Community Fund has now closed.
There will be another round of Bury Council Community Funds available Spring 2018. Keep posted for more information.
If you have a project in Prestwich, please go to the ParkLife Community Fund page for details of how to apply.
What happens at The Pitch?
- Applicants present a 3 minute pitch about their project
- Attendees are asked to mark FIVE projects on the ballot paper
- Votes are counted and results announced at the event
The 'Pitch' Events
Everyone is welcome to attend the following 'Pitch' events and help support local groups access local money for their projects.
- Bury East: Saturday 4 November, The Metro Centre at 11am
- Whitefield and Unsworth: Sunday 5 November, Garrick Theatre at 12.30pm
- Radcliffe: Saturday 11 November, Radcilffe United Reformed Church at 11am
- Bury West: Saturday 18 November, Woodbank Cricket Club at 11am
- Prestwich: Sunday 19 November, Maccabi Centre at 12.30pm
- Ramsbottom, Tottington, North Manor: Saturday 25 November, Holcombe Brook Tennis Club at 12.30pm