Derwen College Supported Internships
Derwen College is providing outstanding Supported Internships in partnership with a national chain hotel. Supporting people aged 18 to 25 with a learning disability or difficulty into paid employment.
The Derwen Supported Internship is a hands-on training programme of twelve months based in the workplace.
Both the student and employer are fully supported with experienced and outstanding Derwen College staff to ensure a positive experience for all.
Expert Functional Skills staff provide learning for the student based in the workplace.
All candidates will:
- have an Education and Health Care Plan
- be keen to work in the hospitality and housekeeping industry
- be able to travel independently or have the support to do so
- be working towards entry level three upwards in functional skills
- be working towards entry level three upwards in vocational skills
- be able to work within a team or independently
- have a willingness to work towards timescales and performance indicators
Each case presented will be looked at by both the Admissions Manager and Off Site Provision Manager before progression to interview.
Programmes are based on a 37 week (Study Programme) to include agreed hours with the hotel chain.
A willingness to fully engage in a minimum three days work placement, rising to four days where possible, and an additional one day of study including functional skills.
For an informal chat about our Outstanding Derwen Supported Internships please contact: Offsite Provision Manager: 01691 661234 (211), firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- 01691 661234 (401)
Where to go
- Derwen College
- SY11 3JA
The locations for Supported Internships vary depending on the locality of the clients and employer.
- Referral required
Bury Council do not promote or endorse any of the services listed in this Directory. For more information on this please read our disclaimer here.
This page was last updated on: 18/12/2019